Friday 9 September 2011

Summer holidays

The last few years I have the need to go on holiday to less popular and crowded places that's why I choose 
small Greek far away from Athens islands. 
This year I went to Nisyros and Astypalea. They both were wonderful! 


Nisyros has a wild beauty, an active volcano with one of the biggest calderas in the world of height 650m and diameter 6000 m, wonderful narrow streets,  really friendly people 
and the most delicious "revithokeftedes"!
 I stayed there for 4 days and I had a great time. 










I loved walking  around the picturesque narrow streets full of really friendly cats , enjoyed looking the sun to set into the sea and felt awe and excitement when visiting the volcano and walked down into the crater.
It smelled of Sulphur (it's like a rotten egg) and it was hot but it was an amazing experience! 
I felt astonished by its greatness!







And Sunday came and we left Nisyros early in the morning to go to Astypalea by ship and I saw the most wonderful sunrise!  There is nothing like watching the sunrise or the sunset from a ship!






Astypalea was the most wonderful place! I fell in love with it in the very first moment!
I went swimming to a beach named Blue port the first day and I was speechless by it's beauty and the crystal water!  The same day I went up the "Chora"  in the afternoon and up the old castle and there was the most amazing view!  I couldn't stop taking pictures of everything! 





There were the most wonderful beaches I have ever been to, in Astypalea.  Every kind.  With easy access or with a little bit of adventure, with sand or with pebbles but all of them were with crystal water!
I loved them! 






There were a couple of  wondeful villages by the sea  and Chora was the most picturesque with the windmills, the narrow streets and the castle. 
The people were so friendly that it felt like home! Plus I ate the most delicious sweets! 


I stayed there for 5 days but I wanted to stay more! 
I couldn't , of course but I gave myself the promise to come back , soon! 



1 comment: