Friday 22 July 2011

Bon Jovi concert


Since I was a teenager, I liked Bon Jovi, I bought their records, listened to their songs , saw their video-clips and I had posters with John Bon Jovi on all the walls of my room!
Concerts were held all around the world but not here and I was too young to go abroad so I felt quite frustrated! 
  In fact there were no concerts at all held in Athens that time , not of  anyone really famous and popular singer or band and we all were disappointed and wondered whether we would have the chance to see all our favourite ones , one day.

 Finally that day came! The last 5-6 years we have been able to see almost all of them, Depeche Mode, Duran-Duran, A-HA, Kylie Minogue, Madonna, U2 and finally Bon Jovi!


 Yesterday at the Bon Jovi concert was one of the happiest moments in my life!  They started at around 9.20 and they were singing for about 2 and a half hours. 
They were amazing , the crowd was in a delirium and I felt like a teenager again! 
"Raise your hands" they sang at the beginning and we all stood up and raised our hands.  Second was one of my favourite songs "Give love a bad name" and we sang together with John Bon Jovi. 
They played all the beloved songs ,  John's voice and Richie's quitar were amazing and the crowd was astonished!  
At some point of the concert, John took a Greek flag put it over him and sang "Bed of roses" right beside the crowd (there was a circle bridge like a ring that allowed John to move around the crowd in arena) It was a really moving moment!


Time passed by really quickly and the concert was about to end.. The crowd applaud and shouted and the group came back to the stage for the final part in which three great songs were included!
"Do you know this song ?" John asked us , we said YES and we sang all together "Wanted dead or alive"  , I was almost crying from happiness at that point!
Then it was the turn of the amazing " Always" and the last song was " Livin' on a prayer" ! 
John told us to be optimistic and that we'll manage to get through these difficult times and he started singing only with his quitar and we joined our voices with his. 


It was absolutely thrilling to hear almost 80.000 people to sing "wow, we're half way there, livin' on a prayer, take my hand and we'll make it I swear"















No comments:

Post a Comment